How does WordPress hosting Work[Updated 2019]
Most people starting out looking for a web host service find that WordPress hosting companies prices are that much higher than a lot of shared hosting companies.
At first site, you have probably wondered why there is such a big difference in price and is it worth it to pay all that extra money for essentially the same service.
The first thing to do is understand how it works. WordPress is the preferred platform that most web hosting services like to use because of the advantages it offers. They then manage all the technical aspects of WordPress on your behalf as the subscriber.
- Managing the speed the website performs at
- Updates that are sent from WordPress
- Daily backups of the information you have on the website
- The important uptime of the website
- The scalability to do with the website for performance enhancement.
The reason providers give this service is so that you can focus your efforts on running the business and leaving them to concentrate on giving you the best experience possible and problem free.
The best part of having a hosting company doing this for you is that they have the experts who are trained to run WordPress rather than you going through a manual and then having to do the necessary updates etc. Before you jump straight into going for this option like all things in life it does not suit everyone’s situation.
- Extremely fast – WordPress that is being managed by a hosting company is specifically configured for their servers and perform at exceedingly good speeds even if there is a lot of traffic.
- Security – It is extremely safe using managed WordPress and very difficult for hackers to get into your site. There is an excellent security system and scans constantly for malware and block any hacking attempts.
- Expert Support – Unlike some other sites the support staff are very knowledgeable and will advise you against any plugins that will affect the performance, are able to support and solve problems faster and can offer much more services.
- Daily Backups – They create backups on a daily basis and will also have restore points in case you need to go back to an older version.
- Automatic Updates – They ensure that your update settings are done automatically.
With WordPress, there is virtually no downtime no matter how much site traffic it receives and by having a managed site it gives you access to all the development tools that are required to have a successful website.
There are not many disadvantages to using a managed WordPress host but there some considerations that are worth mentioning.
- The price is a lot more expensive than using some of the other sites and prices can vary considerably from about for a shared hosting plan to about for a managed WordPress hosting site. But then the advantages far outweigh these costs if you take into consideration the costs it would take to run a website by your own company.
- The servers are specifically configured to run WordPress only so will not accommodate other sites. Managed WordPress hosting will stop any plugins that will cause the website to perform slowly therefore not all the plugins from WordPress will be available. This generally will only be a disadvantage to big companies.
You do not have control over the technical features of WordPress but that is one of the reasons that you want to use a managed site in the first place.
As mentioned earlier managed WordPress is generally considerably more expensive than other shared sites and if you are just starting out and just want to do blog articles then it is probably not the option for you.
- If however, you have a small business that you would like to promote and do not have the time to administer a website then Managed WordPress hosting is the right way to go.
- You might also have a website that already has a lot of traffic and some problems associated with it, therefore, considering a WordPress hosting service like Yocta.
- The internet business is growing at an alarming rate and if you are wanting to venture into website marketing but do not have the skills then using a WordPress hosting service will be to your advantage.
There are a few options when it comes choosing which hosting service would fit your needs or business model.
There are free web hosting sites available but they generally have a catch associated with them. Most of them will ask you to put a text link on your site and generally, you will be promoting their business rather than yours. They are mostly run by individuals and can be very unreliable.
There are lots of shared hosting sites and the reason their prices are so low is that you will be sharing your site with lots of other sites and as a small business owner or a blogger it is a good place to start.
- Bear in mind though as the traffic to your site grows you will probably be asked to upgrade due to the amount of server load that it will take up.
- These are two of the cheaper options that you have and there other options such as using WordPress VPS hosting or a dedicated WordPress Server Hosting.
If you would like a professionally run website then WordPress hosting will be to your advantage.
- The site will be managed by a team of experts to do the administration and monitoring for you rather than employing staff to fulfill that function.
- WordPress Hosting allows you to concentrate on your business and there is no need to invest in expensive equipment or staff.
With all the different hosting services all you need to do is decide which option is best for your budget but if you want reliability, speed and exceptional support then you should consider professional hosting services like Yocta.