Want to get your website hosting? Here are the 10 things to consider when choosing a web host.[Updated 2019]
When launching a business site or and kind of website it is advised to choose a reliable and effective web host. Here we are going to discuss some of the important things you need to consider while choosing a web host.
Before choosing a web host, you need to understand or rather know the goals that you have set in place for your website. After that, you can go out and search for a web host by following this guide. Which will help you understand what web hosts say and also know which hosting package suits your goals?
- Cost of Service/Price
Even though this is the factor that most website owners first consider before deciding on a web host, you shouldn’t use it as the deciding aspect. The only thing that causes a difference in prices is the “we get what we pay for” rule. therefore, choosing a web host just because its prices are lower than the rest isn’t the best idea mostly for commercial or business websites. You should know that hardware and outside support cost a lot of money so a low priced web host won’t be able to afford or provide you with such services or features.
- Technical Support
According to us, we consider this is the most important thing to consider when choosing a web host. When your website goes down for some reason, a good web host should provide you with customer support and most of all should help you to determine what’s wrong then fix it for you.
Therefore, before choosing web host you need to find out their reputation when it comes to customer support. Get to know how their customer support can be contacted i.e. is via email, phone or live chat. Also get to know if this support is offered 24/7. And if they get technical support from outside. Mostly you will get to understand that the process and technical support for each and every web host differ. In that, some web hosts value customer support will others don’t.
This is the third thing you should always consider. You need to find out whether a web host is flexible enough to fit into your future plans. This is to mean, the package that you opt for today may not be apple to satisfy your needs in the near future when you start getting more traffic etc.
This mostly applies to business or commercial site which always aim towards growth, and in case a web host isn’t flexible enough to accommodate this growth then this will be a futuristic problem. You should ask if they offer VPS or Dedicates server services if they can upgrade your account with no hassles. This will save you the time and money required to transfer from one web host to another.
- Reputation, customer feedbacks or satisfaction.
This consideration requires you to do research for you to get the true facts. You can go to the web hosts’ sites like Yocta and view some of their customer feedbacks or testimonials.
- You can also google for blog reviews on the different web hosts you have in mind, or look for them on social media like Twitter and get to know what their present and previous customers are saying about them.
- This will let you know if their customer support is easy t contact or the time it takes them to respond to tickets or even the actions they tech when a problem that needs fixing on your hosting arises.
- All these can be easily achieved through social media as you can just ask questions about the web hosts and the possibility of you getting answers is very high.
- Email features
This is one of the areas that you need to ask your preferred web host about.
- Let’s say if you have a serious spam problem, it means your web host is not providing the best ways of stopping it. Inquire more about the host’s spam solution and basic email practices.
- People tend to say that email is dead – remember email is still alive and being used.
- Control panel
The hosting interface should be user-friendly as it should be understood and used by any kind of client with even the lowest level of technical expertise.
- To mean, as a user you should not call the web host for support when doing some minor operations like FTP accounts and email setup.
- Ask the web hosts if they use cPanels or Plesk to provide for easier updates and modifications. In case they use a shoddy and poor user interface that everyone finds difficult to use then you should change your mind as you are the one who will be using it.
- Add-Ons or Features
Get to ask this question, “What makes this web host stand out from the rest?” – what are the extra features that they provide to make hosting with them more enjoyable? Web hosts tend to offer more than just servers, they can offer additional add-ons like regular backups, free domain privacy etc. You should consider a web host that provides an add-on that you find is of use or need.
- This also requires a lot of research. You need to know what kind machines a web host uses. You should know if they have new machines or some shoddy old ones.
- Due to the fact that hardware affects the servers’ and your site’s performance, then you will need to ask about the kind of server a web host uses. Check out Yocta they use brand new hardware and servers.
- Area of specialization
Basically, not all web hosts are suitable for all web owners or websites.
- Some web hosts may have enterprise hosting solutions that may not be right for an individual with a small blog while others may have shared hosting plans that are not perfect for business sites that will grow over time.
- Before choosing a web host to determine its area of specialization or expertise, know its strengths and weaknesses. On top of that choose one that cutter for all your needs. Yocta specializes in both small and enterprise web hosting.
- Tech specs
Never go for the cheapest package if your website deals with huge traffic, videos, e-commerce, and rich content. Basically, a cheap package doesn’t have adequate RAM, disk space and processing power that will fit all your needs.
- This will lead to downtime or load problems. You need to know what you are paying for and if it comes with add-ons. Take every bit serious as this will have a huge impact on your site over time.
- Well by following these considerations you will find yourself choosing a web host that will not only serve your needs but also those of your website. We recommend you check out YOCTA and get to know more on their packaging. They are one of the best web hosts presently.