Why it is important to choose the best WordPress Hosting Service provider?[Updated 2019]
WordPress is a computer application that is free and open source that means, anybody can use, study, copy or change that software since its source code is open to everyone. It is installed on a web server. A hosting service provider like an internet hosting service is a service that manages the internet servers. Some examples of hosting services include dedicated hosting service, virtual private server and cloud hosting.
- Hosting provider plays an important role in determining the success of the website.
- It can also improve the sales and the SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
The basic and the most important qualities that are needed in the best host provider include,
- Support reliability
- Overall cost
Since WordPress is a very light in weight script, it is highly compatible with many hosting companies. The basic requirements of WordPress Hosting include, MySQL version that is 5.6 version or greater and PHP version that is 5.7 version or greater.
To determine the best WordPress Hosting Service provider, first let take a look at all the available hosting services.
- Free WordPress Hosting is a web hosting where the WordPress hosting is provided in small groups or in online forums.But this type of hosting is usually offered by users who wants to resell a small part of their server space to earn extra revenue.
- They may even ask to put their ads on the site. Also, it may not be reliable as the person may stop offering the service anytime.
In shared WordPress Hosting a large server is shared by multiple websites. As there are multiple sites, the companies that hosts web can provide this service at a reasonable rate well within the budget. Some examples of shared Hosting include, BlueHost, SiteGround, GreenGeeks, JustHost, etc.
- It is highly economical as the maintenance cost of the shared server is shared by many websites.
- The control panel provided by the shared Hosting is very easy to use and has number of options.
- The server is managed by highly skilled professionals. This makes the shared hosting very convenient to use.
- As number of sites use the same server, it may cause slower response time. Also, even if any other website is experiencing traffic, it may affect your site.
- It is good only for new professionals. Once the traffic starts to increase, the company that is offering shared hosting may ask you to upgrade and may even suspend your account.
- VPS hosting that is Virtual Private Server Hosting is a server where the physical server is independently partitioned.
- That means, the companies virtually separate the physical servers and create many such virtual partitions. This keeps each site and the files separate. Some examples of VPS hosting include, LiquidWeb, HostGator, Bluehost, etc.
- VPS hosting combines the advantages of shared hosting and the dedicated hosting. This enables more control over the server.
- It not only increases the flexibility but also reduces the cost.
- It also helps in increasing the security of the website.
- It provides the hosting serves at a reasonable cost but is still costlier than shared hosting.
- It increases the responsibility for maintaining the server, software updates and security.
In Managed WordPress Hosting all the technical aspects of the WordPress is managed by the specialized host. These aspects include Daily Backups, Scalability, Speed and Security. This not only increases the convenience but also gives a satisfying experience. Examples of Managed WordPress Hosting include WP Engine, SiteGround, Pagely, etc.
- It is highly secure and can be considered hack proof.
- Managed WordPress is very fast even of the traffic is very high.
- Apart from daily backups and automatic updates, this hosting provides expert support as the staff is highly skilled.
- The main drawback is the price. It is quite expensive as compared to other hosting services.
- Step 1 – Find a Hosting company that is trustworthy. It is very important to find a company that is honest and reliable. Nowadays there are many companies that just want to make money. Properly researching is the first step to find a reliable company.
- Step 2 – After deciding the company, the next thing to decide is the type of hosting that you require. As mentioned above, there shared hosting, VPS hosting, Managed hosting and free hosting.
Some examples of WordPress Hosting are,
- They may be considered as being on the forefront of technology. They are quite reliable and constantly updates their software and servers.
- Apart from this they also offer some free services like daily backups, free domain name, many data centers, free set ups and some more services. They host from $9.95 per month.
- Some other examples of shared WordPress Hosting are DreamHost, BlueHost and many more.
- This hosting provider focuses on developers, web designers, innovators and digital entrepreneurs. They are quite reliable with and having servers that are scalable and of high performance.
- There are also other VPS WordPress Hosting providers.
- The main advantages of this hosting provider are the speed along with excellent and dedicated customer support.
- Also, they can be considered as one of the most secure providers as they offer 60 days money back guarantee.
Choosing a hosting company is not an easy task especially for the beginners. So it is very important to first do proper research and then decide.